Monday, August 10, 2009

Phone rings at 4:15-

"*** Credit Union, this is Mallory."

"Hi Mallory, what time do you close?"

"We close at 4:30 every day."

"Oh ok. Shoot. So that's in like 15 minutes?"

"Yes."

"Hmm. Ok well can you wait for me? My car broke down so I can't drive myself, and my ride is on their way so I will be there in 20 minutes, tops."

Feeling irritated "Yeah, I suppose that will be fine."

Sorry but COME ON. I like to go home at the end of the day as much as the next guy. 5 minutes is pushing it, but I'll let it slide this time.

Sitting waiting....waiting....

Phone rings at 4:41 "Hi Mallory, it's me again. My ride just got here so we will be there in 15 minutes, ok?"

I'm thinking to myself... 15 minutes?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME WOMAN?! I DON'T FEEL GOOD AND REALLY DON'T WANT TO SIT HERE WAITING FOR YOU FOR 30 DANG MINUTES AFTER I'M SUPPOSED TO CLOSE.

So I respond "Actually I have to shut down my system within the next 4 minutes so that's not going to work."

"Ok well I will be there in 15 minutes so just pull out $300 from my account right now and I'll sign the receipt when I get there."

And because I'm way WAY too nice for my own good, I reply "Ok..." And hang up.

I know... I can be kinda rude huh? But I think asking me to wait for a half hour after closing is pretty darn rude itself, and when I've been sitting here with cramps and a headache all day long, day dreaming about my comfy couch and sweat pants I'm not exactly a woman you want to be messing with!

She just got here: 5:00

2 comments:

MEG said...

I'm guessing she worked at a credit union in the past. I'm such a bitch when it comes to retail sales people - only because I did it and I expect the same service I would have given. Or at least experienced all the crappy customers so I know what I can get away with. I'm so surprised you didn't just close the doors and go home!! You ARE too nice!

tara said...

HOLY crap I woulda left! That's crazy! I bet you just can't wait to quit :)